The IRA Gift (QCD)
Your IRA can provide a tax-smart way to make an impact with the Appalachian Mountain Club now. The Qualified Charitable Distribution or QCD (sometimes called an “IRA Charitable Rollover”) is a great way to make a tax-free gift now to the Appalachian Mountain Club and satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), too.
How Do I Qualify?
The Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) offers multiple benefits for making gifts from your IRA.
- You must be 70½ years or older at the time of the gift.
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to the Appalachian Mountain Club.
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor per year.
Benefits of Qualified Charitable Distribution
- If you don’t itemize your income tax deductions, a QCD offers all of the benefits of an itemized income tax charitable deduction
- If you are age 72 or older and must take a Required Minimum Distribution RMD, a QCD gift can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes.
- You may direct your gift to a program or area of your choice.
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact on the Appalachian Mountain Club.
How Can I Make an IRA Charitable Rollover?
Contact your IRA administrator to request a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA to AMC.
AMC’s professional outdoor guides lead all-inclusive trips for all ages, skill levels, and interests. Whether it’s conquering the White Mountain 4,000-footers, skiing lodge-to-lodge in Maine’s 100-Mile Wilderness, or hiking from basecamp to AMC’s famous high mountain huts, AMC’s staff-led, guided adventures offer an outdoor experience for everyone. These pre-packaged trips include everything you need, from food and lodging to safety training and most of the necessary gear.See All Trips
AMC’s network of trained and dedicated volunteers lead free trips and activities throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Meet new people and learn new outdoor skills close to home with local trips, skills and leadership training, social events, conservation action, and more.See All Trips
Design your adventure with help from one of AMC’s professional outdoor guides. Our custom adventures offer more flexibility and a wider range of options than our free or guided group programs. Great for individuals, families, or groups. You pick the activity, time, and skill level. All custom adventures include leadership by our professional guides who are trained in outdoor education, wilderness medicine, outdoor skills, and natural history.Book Now